Expertisecentrum Zorgalgoritmen is a startup that designs high-quality artificial intelligence as a medical device. The company was founded in July 2021 together with 29 hospitals united within the Vereniging Samenwerkende Algemene Ziekenhuizen (SAZ). Expertisecentrum Zorgalgoritmen provides hospitals with CE-marked machine learning algorithms to support healthcare professionals in their work. Predictions of the algorithms are integrated into the electronic health record systems. Expertisecentrum Zorgalgoritmen also guides hospitals in the technical and clinical implementation and supports staff training.
At Expertisecentrum Zorgalgoritmen, our primary focus lies in the practical implementation of machine learning. This emphasis means we are committed to bringing sophisticated AI solutions (Explainable Boosting Machines) from the drawing board to the real-world. As a member of our team, you will directly tackle the challenges that accompany this process. You won’t just be working on abstract theories; instead, you’ll be handling real data, solving real problems, and creating AI tools that healthcare professionals can use directly in their day-to-day work. It’s about applying theory to practice in the most impactful way possible.
You will be working within a small development team on the codebase following DevOps methods. Algorithms are developed using our AI platform following the Command design pattern. Your tasks will include navigating the entire data pipeline from data preparation, feature selection and model training, to the deployment and monitoring of these models in a live environment.
Techniques used include Python, unit testing, machine learning, federated learning, SQL, Flask, React, IIS and GitLab CI/CD. Targeted training opportunities are provided when needed. As the startup grows, the roles – including your role – might gradually change, where your personal growth and ambition are significant factors considered.
As a small team, we highly value working together in harmony, and in that way stimulate positivity and a fair allocation of tasks.
Be aware that validation of our algorithms is required to obtain CE marking, so healthcare professionals can use the algorithms in practice. CE marking requires working according to quality standards and MDR regulations. See also ‘Leidraad voor kwalitatieve diagnostische en prognostische toepassingen van AI in de zorg’ (www.leidraad-ai.nl).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar relevant (technical) degree
- Proven track record with machine learning and python
- Proactive, critical and curious work attitude
- Willing and excited to broaden (development) skills
- Can do attitude and self starter
- Can work independently, structured and discreetly
- Flexible and able to handle ever changing situations
- Excellent communication skills in English (and preferably Dutch)
- Team player
- Additional training in the field of data science is preferable
What We Offer You
First and foremost, we offer you an exciting role in a compact and motivated team.
Furthermore, we provide you:
- A salary that aligns with your education and experience
- Flexible options for arranging your contract (around 36 hours per week)
- Tuesday and Friday are our fixed days at our office in Utrecht; other days are flexible at home or in the office.
- The position is for one year with the possibility of a permanent contract
- Room to contribute your own ideas
- Challenging role with growth opportunities
- Informal atmosphere within a startup setting
- Social entrepreneurship
Does this job opportunity spark your enthusiasm? Then apply quickly! Email your motivation with CV (and any relevant git repositories) to Bart-Jan Verhoeff via firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applying to this vacancy is June 27, 2023.
The interview is scheduled on Friday, July 7, 2023. On July 4th, we will notify you whether you have been selected for an interview.
After the interview, you may be asked to provide references as part of the application process.